Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Planetary Society

Guess who met Bill Nye. You know, the science guy?

It was so sweeeeeeet!

Although I missed the whole speech messing around with my mom. She lucky I love her unconditionally. -___- (tbh it was nice sharing an experience with someone for a change)

It was about water discoveries in space, space exploration and all those exciting things. To be honest, I was more interested in the topic than he, but getting a celebrity that helped shape so much of my future as a child was a perk. 


However, I know I shouldn't be surprised, but he didn't want to hear my thank you it seemed. I get it, he gets it all the time and that's such a small part of his career. This man was extremely accomplished before the show. I mean, how do you think he got there in the first place! Yet, I wanted him to know how he helped shift the path of that little girl sitting on the floor in our apartment in Henrico. He wasn't the worse, but he wouldn't let me express it fully. It was jovial tho, he's good with the jokes. I find it hard to believe that one of my favorite things, as a 6 year old, or the way I learned the colors of the rainbow, had little interest in hearing about it. He did invite me to join the planetary society, and he told me that the love of science is something that never lets go once it grabs hold. But don't you see the hero you are Mr. Nye? You've inspired a generation of scientist, educators, etc. Some of which (like myself) would not have had the opportunity to become interested in STEM fields. Our schools, as we all know, don't always cut it. The communities are lacking sometimes, but the television.... we learn so much from it. We are educated thru the arts. Art of all forms,  be it writing, images, movement, whatever, it teaches something. 


Art is Science.

Where they meet, is faith. 


Art is Science is Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shed some light