Sunday, September 14, 2014

G40 Art Summit

So.... like I do, I went to this art show solo last night.
Before I start this let me say, I've taken a vow of abstinence until I'm 26.
That being said: I'm stupid. Going to this show yesterday was straight TORTURE. I know, it shouldn't be that I can't have a normal conversation without the intent of sex at the end, but my mind wanders so I'm trynna combat that. I had to overt my gaze with some of the women there cause I stare like a dog at a hydrant. It was painful tho, like I could barely enjoy the art. Even tho that shit was awesome!
Most of it at least. I try not to hate on other artists but I swear I don't understand how some people price things. It's hard for me to see monetary value sometimes. Unless I can account for the actual production costs, I can't see how to determine how much the value is. Not always, but if I see cardboard cut outs for a grand I'm gonna be confused.
I was so excited to see one artist's work. It was a train set th that was all tagged up! Two of my favorite things! Trains. And graffiti. If you know me you should know that. Simple as it was, I told myself I would've bought the whole set if I had the money.
Other than that, the atmosphere was cool. It was held at the Art Whino, I think. At first I wasn't sure if that building was just a place for the show, or if that's the actual place of the Art Whino. It looks like a gay church from the outside and initially I thought "That's where I'm supposed to be!" Then I thought nah.... but I was right in my instinct. Inside was real hip hop, writing on the walls, live dj, not too crowded but just enough people to feel like you're somewhere, had a nice Argentinean malbec and I was in my zone.
Unlike most of my solo adventures tho, I didn't feel completely comfortable. I was alright being alone, but I felt like I wanted to be part of that group. I figured it should've been easy for me to integrate, cause it's just one, but somewhere along the way I retreated within myself. Maybe I was intimidated? I guess. Also, I've become weary of people so I kind of came to the conclusion that if they don't approach me or look like they wanna be approached then there's no need to step out my way ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shed some light